Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Q Train Meditation


I just googled to see if anyone is sharing my domain name, and found a really awesome meditation for the Q train from 7th Ave in Brooklyn, just a couple stops from me en route to Union Square, where I just so happen to be going later today. How convenient!

The website itself is incredible. It's called Urban Mindfulness: Finding Peace In The Middle Of It All, and includes a blog with multiple writers posting about mindfulness and meditation practices in New York City, along with book recommendations, an introduction to the topic, and downloads for meditation. Very cool.

I guess I'm meditating on the Q today if I get a seat.

(Speaking of the Q from Brooklyn to Manhattan, I think everyone visiting or living in New York should take the train into Brooklyn at least once- it's one of the trains that goes over, rather than under, the water, and from the Manhattan Bridge where it crosses you get an astounding view of Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge, especially at night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment